1. What does the ordinary man imagine a no-fly zone is about? I believe he would imagine a sky without any planes flying. At most he would expect to see only military aircrafts of the enforcing nations flying over the zone to ensure the aircrafts of the targeted country are not flying over the zone.
2. In the case of the Iraqi no-fly zone, the enforcing nations apparently believed that “no-fly zone” is about blockading the zone to deprive it from receiving supplies of all kinds including food and medicine. As a result an estimated 500,000 Iraqi children were born deformed or were still-born due to the affect of bombs and shells with depleted uranium used in the Gulf War against Iraq.
3. Now once again a “no-fly zone” has been declared over Libya, this time by the United Nations. The Arab countries have also supported this resolution.
4. News reports now tell of bombs being dropped and targets being shelled by the Americans and their allies against Libyan forces and civilians. There is no report on Libyan aircrafts being shot down or chased out of Libyan airspace. Some reports claim that weapons have been supplied to rebels.
5. Are all these things included in the term “no-fly zone”? If they are were they stated in the resolution by the United Nations? Were the representatives of the Arab countries aware that this is the meaning of “no-fly zone”.
6. If they were not stated and the Arab nations were not told, then why did the Americans and their allies take all these warlike actions.
7. It would seem that the United Nations needs to state carefully the meanings of the resolutions passed by its “organs”. Otherwise the innocent members may be conned.